Come along and explore the spectacular riverside scenery and wittness spectacular views of the Yarra Valley on the Mt Lofty Circuit Walk.
We'll meet at Wittons Reserve in Wonga Park at 9.30am. From there, the plan is to follow the Yarra River for approx 3km on a well-defined track to a lovely spot in a quiet gorge. Along the way there are beautiful views of the Yarra as it snakes its way through native bushland.
After the riverside walk, we'll ascend up to the top of Mt Lofty along a wide track, one of the highest points in metropolitan Melbourne. From that point, there are spectacular views across the Yarra Valley and Yarra Ranges.
Once we have appreciated the views at Mt Lofty, we'll descend steeply and quickly back to the cars. This has a steep and short descent.
All proceeds raised from this event will go towards the Greens campaign for the seat of Menzies in the upcoming Federal Election. Menzies includes the suburbs of Warrandyte, Wonga Park, Doncaster, Templestowe and Bulleen. The walk will be led by Greens Candidate for Menzies, Richard Cranston, and informative commentary will be provided along the way.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Catch the route 906 SmartBus departing Lonsdale St in the Melbourne CBD at 8.20am. Get off at the last stop (Warrandyte Bridge.) The bus arrives at 9.06am.
- I can pick-up any passengers arriving by bus - just let me know beforehand on 0435137702.
- Timetable details are here - https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/timetables/linemain/8596
- We'll be meeting at the picnic area at Wittons Reserve. The Reserve is connected to the Warrandyte State Park and is situated at the end of Reserve Rd in Wonga Park
Walk Grade: Moderate - Australian Walking Track Class 3 - Some steep sections on a well-defined and well-marked track.
Walk Distance: 5km return (approx)
All funds raised from this activity go directly to supporting the Menzies Greens campaign.
* $10 Concession
* $15 Adult
* $30 Keen and Green
* Children under 18 free (when accompanied by an adult)
PLEASE NOTE: You must book your tickets here beforehand to attend this event - https://trybooking.com/LFSF
What's special: Stunning riverside gorge scenery close to Melbourne, pristine natural bushland, spectacular views of the Yarra Valley from the top of Mt Lofty, good wildlife-viewing opportunities.
What to bring:
- Your ticket from Try Booking (either on your phone or printed out)
- Comfortable worn-in walking shoes (hiking boots preferred)
- 2 Litres Water
- Snacks and food for yourself
- Warm jacket
- Waterproof jacket (if rain is predicted)
Please note - NO DOGS are allowed at this venue, as per Parks Victoria regulations.
We look forward to seeing you there :-)