We’re almost there! It’s our last weekend to talk to voters before they vote on July 2nd. We’ve spent the last three months knocking on doors, every weekend, across the entire electorate, and now we only have one weekend left.
30% of voters haven’t made up their minds yet, so we need to talk to as many of them as we can this weekend! Don’t worry if you’ve never gone door-knocking before, we can train you on the day, and we love new faces.
Can you help us make our final push and turn Higgins green?See all events
What are the standard tasks of an event coordinator, and resources we have to support you?
Schedule an event.
If possible, help recruit to the event by attending a volunteer recruitment phonebank.
- (You can find a list of upcoming #TeamJason events, including phonebanks, at http://victoria.greens.org.au/higgins_events)
Organise materials needed.
- (You can request access to our organising resources on our private Google Drive here.)
- (You may need to call your neighbourhood organiser or our campaign manager to get specific resources such as door knock folders, flyers or petitions).
Call and confirm your volunteers know how to get there!
- (You can find your event, and it's RSVPs through this chronological list of upcoming events on NationBuilder.)
- (You can read through our notes on how to use NationBuilder here.)
- (You may need to receive NationBuilder Training, sign a confidentiality agreement and organise NationBuilder access by emailing our data manager Ash Andersen.)
Run the event!
- (You can sign up to a training on how to run great events here.)
Report how your event went, who came and what they did!
Call and check in with your volunteers both who did and didn't come, to ensure they are ok.
- (You can find your event, and it's RSVPs through this reverse chronological list of past events on NationBuilder.)
Remember - the best way to communicate with your team is through Slack, so please:
- Download Slack here, and keep it running in the background of your computer.
- Download Slack to your phone, and keep it running in the background.
- Email our data manager, Ash Andersen, to request access.
Otherwise a directory of key Campaign Members can be found here. Please request editing access, explaining any corrections, should this need to be updated.