We’re throwing a party to build our team, have some fun and raise some money, and you won’t even need to put on pants! With special guests Lidia Thorpe, Victoria’s newest Senator and first Aboriginal Senator for Victoria, and Senator Janet Rice, former Mayor of Maribyrnong and Footscray local, help us kick off our people-powered campaign to make Maribyrnong Green.
In 2016, with the help of a fantastic local team, we elected Greens Councillor Simon Crawford to Maribyrnong City Council. With a Green on council, we’ve had some huge wins for the Maribyrnong community like:
- Confronting the climate emergency
- Maribyrnong Bike Strategy: $3.3 million annually to improving people-powered transport options in Maribyrnong
- Zero waste to landfill strategy by 2040
- Ending all Council events on Invasion Day, January 26
- Planting 1500 new trees in Maribyrnong each year
- Making developers fund community infrastructure through the Developer Contribution Plan
- Saving Stony Creek for future generations and improving its biodiversity through the Stony Creek Future Directions Plan 2020
- Standing up for residents by insisting Council improve on staff responsiveness to enquiries.
In 2020, our community and our planet are facing bigger challenges than ever and we need you and the power of our grassroots movement to make sure Greens policies are at the heart of our response to the COVID-19 emergency and climate crisis.
Hosted by the irresistible Huong Truong, former Greens MP for the Western Metropolitan region, our candidates for Maribyrnong: Simon Crawford, Bernadette Thomas and Toa Thredgold will share their vision for a greener, fairer and smarter Maribyrnong.
There will be an opportunity to push our campaign into high gear through your donations and signing up to volunteer. We’ll share how volunteers like you are at the centre of our strategy to get three Greens councillors elected in Maribyrnong.
RSVP here to receive a link for Zoom and join us from the comfort of your own home.