Victoria’s National Parks have suffered from underfunding at the hands of successive Labor and Liberal governments.
It’s time to restore funding, and add new National Parks, to safeguard Victoria’s special places for nature, and for all Victorians.
The Greens’ Plan to Save Our Parks will:
- Fix the Parks Victoria funding crisis with an immediate and ongoing increase of $50 million per year
- Create new National Parks, starting with the Great Forest National Park and Emerald Link, and end native forest logging
- Reopen visitor centers to improve access to nature for all Victorians
- Appoint a new board to Parks Victoria, including a majority of members with environmental, conservation and Indigenous knowledge and expertise
- End corporate development in our National Parks
- Invest much more in research and control of invasive species, and stop recreational hunting in national parks
- Allocate $40 million to buy, restore and protect rare and important habitat on private land.
- Read our detailed plan for saving our parks