Join Senator Lidia Thorpe and fellow Greens at the Melbourne Invasion Day rally on January 26. Let’s show solidarity with First Nations people on this day of mourning.
We’ll meet up from 10am in Parliament Gardens, before joining the rally which starts at 10.30am at Parliament steps.
Our gathering will be capped at a maximum of 100 people. Our group must stay 10 metres apart from other groups or gatherings at the rally. Please listen and follow the directions of rally marshals at all times.
Please read and follow the COVID Safe Instructions below.
January 26 is a day of mourning. At the request of First Nations rally organisers, please do not wear Greens t-shirts or carry any Greens signage.
Invasion Day 2021 COVID Safe Instructions from organisers:
This march is a COVID safe event and we have a COVID safety plan that all attendees must follow. Your safety and the safety of the community is important to us.
- All participants must wear a mask at the march
- Bring hand sanitizer and use it frequently
- Stay home and participate online if you have cold and flu like symptoms
- You must organise in groups of 100 and each group of 100 must stay 10 meters apart as directed by the marshals on the day
- Everyone must follow the directions of the marshals on the day who will implement the COVID safety plan
- Follow live COVID updates on the day on the Facebook event page